lets say you have a list of values in a spreadsheet that is going along a row like below:
10 20 30 40 50 60
But you want the list to be formatted like this:
Normally you would end up retyping the list or doing a lot copy and pasting. Well you don’t have to do this! You can use paste special to solve your problem.
- Highlight the text you want to rotate
- Select copy from the right click menu or from the toolbar / ribbon at the top of excel
- Move to where you want the new rotated list to be on your spreadsheet
- Select paste special from the right click menu of from the toolbar / ribbon at the top
- Tick the box at the bottom right of the screen that states ‘Transpose’
- press ok.
This method will also change a vertical list into a horizontal list.